The fucking essay

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Dec 11 20:41:01 PST 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, mattd wrote:

> "...the fucking essay. It's flawed in a variety of ways. It's understanding
> of human psychology (which it purports to >manipulate in realistic ways -
> not) is so flawed as to make it very tedious.
>
> Speaking of tedious,Im on record with total opposition to freud being used
> for anything other than birdcage liner.

Hate to break it to you but Freud <> Psychology.

I still havent read that part of AP
> with any degree of attention.If thats what your referring to re.human
> psychology then I heartily agree.Freud is extremely tedious.Where jim
> appeals to
> the angels of our better nature is probably also flawed as a realistic
> appeal to human psychology.(last page 10)

Jim appeals to nothing more than his own vanity.

What the fundamental flaw is to expect individuals to use AP to protect
themselves while at the same time expecting those attacked through AP to
do nothing other than lay down and take it.

If fundamentaly mis-understands that two wrongs don't make a right (even
if one is done in self-defence) and that when you attack a person their
reaction is to act in self defence.

It's just another example of the CACL failure with respect to the human
factor. On one hand they speak of what sheep, and on the other they
propose that these sheep will do the right thing 'if only....'.

Just plain silly.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com