Threats to kill,"A cry for help"

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Mon Dec 10 22:16:26 PST 2001

A doctor called Asperger that we'll call Hans
Had plenty to do and plenty of plans
To name a syndrome after himself
So that people like me weren't left on the shelf
Many years later thanks to Old Hans
People were diagnosed and they became his fans
Parents and doctors and teachers alike
Understood Asperger Syndrome just like riding a bike
They thanked Old Hans many years on
As the diagnosis kept going on and on
Lots of research does even more good
Just like the books by Tony Attwood
Hans Asperger is sadly no longer with us
But he did leave a lot so that he could give us
We thank him for making our lives much easier
And I myself feel a whole lot pleasier.

QUESTION: Where did the name Asperger Syndrome comes from?

ANSWER: Hans Asperger, an Austrian scientist in 1944, discovered the
syndrome. He found out why children and adults behaved differently from
other people and linked it with autism, except that he found that these
people had average or above average intelligence.
The word Asperger also seems to be a Dutch word as a language translation
website proved, the word means "sparrow grass" in English. We believe that
the words Asperger and asparagus are related to each other as both words
translate as exactly the same word. Someone also told me that the French
word asperge also seems to be a translation for both Asperger and asparagus.