eCash reported mortally wounded...

Anonymous nobody at mix.winterorbit.com
Mon Dec 10 20:52:22 PST 2001

Lucky Green wrote:
> Eugene wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Lucky Green wrote:
> >
> > > --Lucky, waiting patiently for 2005.
> >
> > Patent expiration date? Which one?
>
> US Patent 4759063 "Blind Signature Systems" will expire on July 19,
> 2005. Given that this is a Tuesday and taking into account that whoever
> may own the patents at that time is not about to file a patent
> infringement suit on Monday, the last day the patent is valid, I hereby
> announce a patent expiration party at my place on Saturday, July 16
> 2005.

No need to wait so long for ecash implementations.  Ben Laurie's Lucre
software uses Wagner blinding, which is a non-signature based blinding
system.  The coin can only be verified by the bank, contrary to the
definition of a digital signature, so the blind signature patent does
not apply.  Read more at http://anoncvs.aldigital.co.uk/lucre/.