Wank for capitalism

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Sat Dec 8 04:49:25 PST 2001

SchNEWS just couldn't make it up, last Sunday was the first annual walk for
capitalism. Three dozen capitalists, (or two as the police saw it), walked
through Westlake Park in Seattle waving signs such as "Help a starving
child in Africa. Give him capitalism." "Make Money Not Class War." and
"Capitalism is more important than democracy." - OK, these were held by
anti-capitalist protestors, who infiltrated the march.

Tym Parsons, the Seattle coordinator of WalkForCapitalism complained "We
knew they had something in the works. Their aim was to infiltrate our
organization and discredit it by way of parody."

Er, SchNEWS reckons you did a good enough job of that yourself, with one
passer by commenting "I find it all very amusing. I don't think I've ever
seen a protest for capitalism before. Don't these people already have what
they're fighting for?"

The question is why did they choose to celebrate D2 (they've even nicked
the names) with something as inefficient, ecologically sustainable and
downright un-capitalistic as walking?

SchNEWS reckons they would have also got more people onboard if someone had
promised to bung each person who turned up #25 and a packed lunch (well
that's the only reason us rent-a-mob lot ever bother turning up to
demonstrations.)

Have a laugh, look at their website: www.walkforcapitalism.org/