More on

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Sat Dec 8 04:12:02 PST 2001

6 anarchists who are "claimed to be" from U~ak Anarchist Autonom have been
arrested and will be judged in State Security Court-SSC (Devlet G|venlik
Mahkemesi-DGM). SSC's are special courts which were established for
revolutionary leftists and Kurdish militants; this is the first event in
Turkish anarchist history that a group of "anarchists" are being sent to
SSC. They are claimed to be members of an illegal organization and the
reason of the arrests is JUST an anarchist leaflet they've distributed in a
demonstration of trade-unions in 1st of December. For now they are in U~ak
Prison but perhaps will be moved to Nazilli Prison and wait for their trial
in Izmir SSC. The news appeared in one of the biggest papers of Turkish
mainstream media (H|rriyet) but in Europe press. (So we could not justify
the info for a few days) More detailed info will be sent as soon as we get..