A note to virus authors

Will Morton will.morton at irmplc.com
Fri Dec 7 06:09:31 PST 2001

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 22:31, Alfred Qaeda wrote:

> Include a hundred different, likely sounding subject lines (encrypted
> of course, but you knew that).   A single constant subject line is *so*
> easy to warn
> against.  You are defeated by word of mouth and a little medium-term
> memory.
> Exceed the human memory requirements, gentlemen.   You'll have a better
> chance of a truly inspiring piece of electronic performance art.

	I always thought that the best strategy would be to look through all
mail folders, find the last email received from the target, and use the
subject from that, adding 'Re: ' at the start. Delete the body of the
mail and replace it with one of several variations along the lines of 'I
thought this might be helpful: <Insert macro-trojaned .doc> Just click
'OK' when the dialog box pops up.'

	That would get most PHBs I know...

	I'm not a VB programmer, but I assume that sort of functionality is
available from the Outlook COM object (or ActiveX object, or .NET Web
Service, or whatever the hell it's called now :>)

	"Sometimes the Eloi really get on my nerves"

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]