Delta airlines doesn't allow sick person to carry their meds

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Thu Dec 6 10:27:20 PST 2001

I've not indulged, but I've heard of this program (my data is
several years old).

The Feds do have a farm (in kentucky? west virginia?)
where a small amount of pot is grown under high security
for licensed researchers. IIRC, the marijuana
is graded, washed, mixed with tobacco(!?) as a filler,
and rolled  on standard cigarette machines. The article
I read noted that some felt that the differences from a
'real' hand-rolled joint put research done using these
standardized doobies into doubt.

If Mr. Rosenfeld had put his legal joints into checked
luggage, there's a chance that a DEA dog would have
narced him out. Though he presumably would not have
gotten into trouble, it could be an enormous hassle.

What I find curious is that the joints came to Delta's
attention at all. Maybe the packaging makes it clear
what they are. Anyway, Delta deserves whatever it
gets over this.

Peter Trei