Reputation capital

Marcel Popescu mdpopescu at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 09:45:33 PST 2001

From: "Tim May" <tcmay at got.net>

> I think all this stuff about reputations is being solved pretty neatly by
> the credit bureaus... up to getting scalars on people / companies.

> This is naive. Credit bureaus handle only a particular class of
> reputations, certain types of credit-worthiness, and then with
> well-documented deep flaws:

Ok, I agree I was too happy to have found something connected to this :)
Let's say there APPEARS to be a solution, at least to a class of problems -
trade reputations - and the credit bureaus MIGHT BE a good start in that
direction. (And apparently a good second step would be the removal of the
flaws you mention.)

Also, regarding the flaws: something like this would be a HUGE improvement
over the current situation in many countries (mine included).

Mark