Viridian Note 00283: Geeks and Spooks

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Dec 4 00:30:07 PST 2001

http://www.viridiandesign.org/notes/251-300/00283_geeks_and_spooks.html

I'll echo Ken Brown's "Yee-hah!" rating for this article.
When Bruce goes on a rant, he goes on a rant, and this rant is worth reading
just for the literary value of a good rant, even if we get bashed
at least as much as Microsoft and the Spooks and the
Nixon/Reagan/Bush/Bush Administration do.

Bruce's suggestion for a recording device is somewhat different in style
from David Brin's various RodneyKing shouldercams and other ubiquitous cameras,
and a bit different from his fictionalizations in "Distraction",
but, hey, it's doable, and this is a ranting essay, not a calm book like
"The Transparent Society".

Bruce: