fuel injected firearm

F. Marc de Piolenc piolenc at mozcom.com
Sat Dec 1 06:33:30 PST 2001

I owned a Gyrojet and about 18 rounds of ammo back in the 70's, until my
mother put it into her unsecure storage locker, whence it was stolen. I
fired about 6 rounds through it.

It was incredibly quiet, making no more noise than one of the smaller
Estes rocket engines. Totally unlike a firearm, thus unlikely to be
identified as a threat by a live target.

There was, however, a distinct pause between pulling the trigger and the
departure of the round - you had to follow through and be very steady.

The construction of the weapon was more like a child's toy gun than a
real weapon - crude sights, poor balance, etc.

I miss it, though - I have a weakness for white elephants.

Marc de Piolenc

--
Remember September 11, 2001 but don't forget July 4, 1776

Rather than make war on the American people and their
liberties, ...Congress should be looking for ways
to empower them to protect themselves when
warranted.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin