Moving beyond "Reputation"--the Market View of Reality

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 1 12:56:43 PST 2001

    --
On 1 Dec 2001, at 8:18, georgemw at speakeasy.net wrote:
> I'm surprised I've gotten so much disagreement over this,
> particularly since my original statement was much weaker
> than it could have been.  For reputation to have a single
> well defined value it is necessary but not sufficient that
> there be a market in reputations; it must be a COMMODITIZED
> market.

Not so.

Something has a single well defined value to its possessor
without any need for it to be commoditized.

For an item to have a single well defined market value it
needs to be commoditized, but that is a different issue.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     U5GMQeSNlQCQl5JIYhGl4zYPDycgMVdHUxmfk+l2
     4S5Ss0+J1kdE7tCI/aRLeU8oLqXOwYgyIK3jX5qqJ