The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Aug 31 16:52:32 PDT 2001

At 06:45 PM 8/31/01 -0500, measl at mfn.org wrote:
>I reply to multiple nodes when present in the original as I have seen some
>history of one node seeing things, and another not.  When it comes in on
>two nodes (to me), it generally goes out on two nodes.
>
>If there is a... hrmmm..  "preferable" way to handle this, feel free to
>mention it Declan.

A preferable way? I suggest you make a habit of copying *all* cypherpunks
nodes -- there were half a dozen at one time, right? -- on your posts to
the list. After all, there is indeed a history of one node seeing things
and another node not.

But even that may be problematic if a node is down temporarily. Perhaps the
only way to be entirely certain all cypherpunks subscribers read your
important email is to copy everyone, all 500 or so subscribers, in a very
long CC: line. Yes, it's a lot of work, but we'll all thank you for it in
the end, I'm sure.

-Declan