The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

georgemw at speakeasy.net georgemw at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 31 19:25:27 PDT 2001

On 31 Aug 2001, at 17:07, Eric Murray wrote:

> The various CDRs should deal with this-- they keep track of
> which Message-IDs they have posted, and don't post messages
> that they have already posted.  They do pass those messages
> on to the other CDRs that they peer with though, so by posting
> two messages you're adding to the number of messages
> that get sent on the "backbone"...

Is it possible to set things up so that duplicate messages are
filtered out based on a message digest rather than a message ID?
I'm dumb as a post and have no clue how message IDs are
generated in the first place,  but it seems to this simpleton that
any hash function on the message body would be guarenteed to
catch duplicate messages.

George