News: "U.S. May Help Chinese Evade Net Censorship"

Greg Broiles gbroiles at well.com
Fri Aug 31 18:48:24 PDT 2001

At 05:31 PM 8/31/2001 -0400, Faustine wrote:
>Sure. But to what extent can you collaborate without a)approaching full-
>blown collusion or b) getting taken for a ride in spite of your best
>efforts?

When you talk about "collaborating" and ZKS selling beta software to the
NSA, are you saying you've got information that ZKS gave the NSA access to
more information than the general public got, and/or that the NSA got their
access or information meaningfully earlier than the general public?

If that's the case, that's interesting, but that's too serious a claim to
let pass by as an unstated implication.

If that's not the case - and they had the same access to the Freedom beta
code that the rest of us outsiders/Cypherpunks/critics/commentators did -
then I don't see an issue here.

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at well.com
"We have found and closed the thing you watch us with." -- New Delhi street kids