The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

Eric Murray ericm at lne.com
Fri Aug 31 17:07:05 PDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 06:45:24PM -0500, measl at mfn.org wrote:
> I reply to multiple nodes when present in the original as I have seen some
> history of one node seeing things, and another not.  When it comes in on
> two nodes (to me), it generally goes out on two nodes.
>
> If there is a... hrmmm..  "preferable" way to handle this, feel free to
> mention it Declan.

The various CDRs should deal with this-- they keep track of
which Message-IDs they have posted, and don't post messages
that they have already posted.  They do pass those messages
on to the other CDRs that they peer with though, so by posting
two messages you're adding to the number of messages
that get sent on the "backbone"...

I also noticed some duplicate messages, but I haven't had
time to check out why they occured.  If you sent them as two
seperate messages to two different CDRs instead of putting both
CDRs in the To: or Cc: line, that'd cause duplicates.

I don't know how you'd get messages from two nodes unless you're
subscribed to two nodes.

Eric