kuro5hin.org || How Home-Schooling Harms the Nation

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Aug 31 13:51:28 PDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 11:59:04AM -0700, mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:
> Second, why do you think that when someone is a government employee they
> are automatically inferior to everyone in the private sector? That's
> irrational.

Right. Folks in the policy arms of the federal government can be quite
bright. I was in a White House office less than an hour ago meeting
with two WH staffers and they were, as you might expect, smart and
educated and well-spoken.

Not sure how this observation translates to state governments or law
enforcement types.

-Declan