KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT TRAINING CONFERENCE - OCTOBER 2001 - WASH. DC

David C. Dickson d.dickson2 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 31 10:21:25 PDT 2001

To:  CYPHERPUNKS at TOAD.COM
MARK YOUR CALENDER!!!!

MARKET*ACCESS INTERNATIONAL is pleased to announce…..

KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT :

MANAGING INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND DOCUMENTS FOR THE FEDERAL ENTERPRISE

Date: October 25, 2001

Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington D.C.
Atrium Ballroom

Time: 7:30 AM Registration
Program Starts: 8:30 AM
Wrap-up: 4:15 PM

Continental Breakfast, Refreshments, Lunch included.

NOTE:  If you have received this email in error or wish to be removed from our distribution list, please REPLY to this message by placing REMOVE in the SUBJECT line.  Thank you
About this conference:
As government becomes more dependent on e-business, databases, information storehouses, mission critical information storage and information sharing, new requirements are posed. These emerging requirements are in the areas of improving service aimed at:
*  Citizens, through the development of one-stop Web portals for access to large stores of government databases and data warehouses.

*  Businesses, by using the Internet for transactions with government and consolidating reporting requirements.

*  Intergovernmental, through simplifying reporting of performance on grants programs.

*  Internal, by using commercial best practices, such as knowledge management, to improve efficiency and effectiveness.

In order to achieve these goals we are beginning to see the convergence of several diverse management disciplines:

*  Documents
*  Storage
*  Archiving Policy
*  Records
*  And… Knowledge Management

Conference Goal:

The purpose of this training conference is to examine new techniques and strategies now being explored by federal agencies and commercial best practices. We will profile agency initiatives, management strategies and shifts in policy.

Who should attend:

*  Agency IT Executives, Managers, and Staff
*  Agency Records Management Executives, Managers and Staff
*  Agency information systems program managers
*  Agency CIO and their staff
*  Government and Industry Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO) and staff
*  Functional area managers
*  Federal systems integrators
*  Hardware and software solutions providers
*  Users and manufacturers of large-scale data storage systems

Many different government agencies will be sending senior representatives to attend the conference! Here's a sampling:

*  DLA
*  National Defense University
*  US Army CECOM
*  Department of Agriculture
*  Department of Transportation
… and many others to be registered.

What you will learn:

*  Agency plans, programs and priorities
*  Successes and Lessons learned
*  Innovative government approaches and applications
*  New technologies and management strategies - what is on the drawing boards
*  Security issues
*  How to structure compliant and successful solutions
*  Risks
*  Commercial and government best practices
*  New rules, new policies

Steering Committee:

*  Regina Venezia, US Department of the Army -- CECOM
*  Jimmy Parker, GSA
*  Phil Grove, USDA
*  Mike Dirle, DAPS (Defense Automation & Production Service)
*  Shawn Magill, DAPS (Defense Automation & Production Service)
*  Dr. Robert E. Neilson, Chief Knowledge Officer, National Defense University -- IRM College
*  Dr. Johnson, Department of Energy/Sandia Labs
*  Gartner (Speaker to be announced)

Sponsors:

*  Association for Enterprise Integration - AFEI
*  Dept. of Transportation/TASC
*  Defense Logistics Agency/DAPS
*  Edge Technologies
*  Verizon
*  AppDev
*  Gartner

….other sponsors to be announced.

The registration fee for this important training conference is:

*  Government Credit Card or Check in Advance: $395
*  Government Training Forms/Invoice: $445
*  Industry and Federal Contractors, Payment in Advance: $595
*  Industry and Federal Contractors/Invoice: $645

We accept government training forms and government and commercial credit cards (VISA, MC, American Express).
Please register early. The conference area has limited seating available and we anticipate a sell out.

Points of Contact:
For information on sponsorship opportunities & exhibitor arrangements, please contact Mr. George Groesbeck, 941-360-3663
Registration and Information Options
For general conference information, or to register for this event, please contact Ms. Kristen Brooks, 703-807-2745
[1] Fax:  registration from to 703-807-2728.
[2] Mail:  registration form to:

Market*Access International, Inc.
Attn: Registration
4301 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22203

REGISTRATION FORM
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT MANAGING INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND DOCUMENTS FOR THE FEDERAL ENTERPRISE

October 25, 2001 - Washington, DC
(Use additional pages as needed for multiple employees)

Attendee Name:
Title:
Company/Agency:
Company/Agency Web site:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email:
Telephone:
Fax:

Note: Payment requested in advance.

Please check one of the following as your form of payment:

[  ] Check
Make checks payable to: Market*Access International
Send to: Market*Access, Attn: Registration, 4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003, Arlington VA 22203

[  ] VISA               [  ] MasterCard               [  ] American Express

Account Number: ___________________________Exp. Date___________________
Cardholder Name: ______________________________________________________
Signature (required) or telephone order

Pre-Registration Fee:

*  Government Credit Card or Check in Advance: $395
*  Government Training Forms/Invoice: $445
*  Industry and Federal Contractors, Payment in Advance: $595
*  Industry and Federal Contractors/Invoice: $645

Registration and Information: Call Kristen Brooks (703) 807-2745
Fax this form to 703-807-2728.  Thank you.

CANCELLATION POLICY: Attendees canceling their registration 48 hours (2 days) before the scheduled event will not receive a credited refund.  Any cancellation before this time will be eligible for a full refund.  We apologizes for any inconvenience this my cause, but we are required to commit in advance, to the event facility, the number of attendees that will be attending lunch and refreshment breaks throughout the day's event.