your mail

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Fri Aug 31 08:17:45 PDT 2001

On 31 Aug 2001, Anonymous wrote:

> When I saw the "general response to bombz" post with the below mentioned book, I asked my significant other to please order a copy for me, because she gets a very nice reduction on prices of books she buys as an employed of Borders Bookstore chain.
>
> She refused to enter this request into their computer system to place an order, because she claims that the store monitors orders for some categories of special orders, and reports these orders to the police as a custom of policy!
>
> Buyers of bookstores beware.
>
> --------------------------------------
> Eissler, M. "A Handbook on Modern Explosives: A Practical Treatise, with
> Chapters on Explosives in Practical Applications" London: Crosby Lockwood
> and Son, 1897. 2nd, Enlarged, fair, illus., appendices, index.

I wouldn't use Borders for my OP book searches in any case.  I use
addall.com.  That particular book doesn't show up currently but a title
search on 'modern explosives' does turn up some other books by Eissler
that may be of interest to the well-heeled fans of explosive devices.

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submitRare.cgi?author=&title=modern+explosives&keyword=&isbn=&order=TITLE&ordering=ASC&dispCurr=USD&binding=Any+Binding&min=&max=&timeout=20&match=Y&StoreAbebooks=on&StoreAlibris=on&StoreAntiqbook=on&StoreBiblion=on&StoreElephantbooks=on&StoreHalf=on&StoreILAB=on&StoreJustBooks=on&StorePowells=on

For educational purposes only.

Note that the unlicensed private use of explosives may be legal in America
depending on time and place.  Need any stumps cleared?  How can we stop
that Canadian armoured column slicing through Buffalo and heading down the
Thruway towards NYC?

DCF
----
And the Rockets' red glare, the Bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our Flag was still there