The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Aug 31 10:17:26 PDT 2001

    --
James A. Donald:

measl at mfn.org
> I'm curious how you draw the line?  I.e., what defines a
> genuine revolution as opposed to a "mere" coup?

A revolution involves mass participation, and widespread
spontaneous defiance of state authority.  A coup involves a tiny
little secretive conspiracy.   A coup is announced, a revolution
experienced.  Few proletarians in Russia had heard of the
communists, until they learnt they were the government.  There
was a real revolution in Russia, but many people felt the
revolution had failed, since the new government was still trying
to prosecute the war, and was still dominated by the rather small
group that had been dominant under the Tzar.  Then there was a
coup by an even smaller group against this new regime.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     OB/GOuA4JAkfxP4knqOf5CtzmUwMdXLvcPtU4zod
     4lAQXXdyE53P/QtVYnhCF2kjXLT0G14uFiMkmFHZE