The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Fri Aug 31 05:05:07 PDT 2001

At 11:50 PM 8/30/01 -0500, measl at mfn.org wrote:
>My point was that we have long since departed from the long line of
>"jurisprudence" to which you refer above.  In real terms, in the USA
>today, there is no difference between speech and action (from the legal
>point of view).  I am not talking here of the theoretical way that things
>"should be" (and that are taught in larvae school as the way things
>_are_), I am talking about how it really *is*, when you are actually in
>the courtrooms, at the mercy of the fascists who are to "judge" you.

So why the Nuremberg Files case?  A *civil* case not even criminal.  Jake
Baker.  The "nazis" driving a fair housing activist out of Pennsylvania
(again no charges brought).  the Cross Burning case.  Etc.

Any specifics?

DCF

----
"Money is not speech." -- Campaign finance reform cliche.
Money may not be speech but the First Amendment also protects freedom of
the press; and presses have always cost money (Ben Franklin's print shop
cost him more than 100 pounds).  And freedom of the press belongs to
everyone, not just the "official" media.