The Tim May Question

Reese reeza at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Aug 30 23:43:55 PDT 2001

At 15:33 8/30/2001 -0700, A. Melon wrote:
 >In another message Tim wrote:
 >>On Sunday, August 26, 2001, at 12:11 AM, Reese wrote:
 >>> It's easy to stay on topic, or on a topic, it's another thing to be
 >>> appropriate.  Tim is good, but easy improvement is within reach, as
 >>> you sort of noted.
 >>
 >> Fuck off. I'll take constructive criticism from people who are
 >> better writers than I, or at least in the same ballpark.
 >>
 >> But not from those who have left no lasting impression.
 >
 >I'm not sure if Reese was replying to one of my messages, but this
 >obsession less productive posters have with Tim is peculiar.

Even more peculiar, the wrong turns taken when responding to an out-
of-context quote.  Just as an aside, didn't you find it ironic that
Tim told me of all people, to "Fuck Off"???

 >Looked at as an engineering problem, one tends to look at the
 >underperforming components.

Why look at a utilization issue as an engineering problem?  Unless your
object is fitting square pegs to round holes.  Do you have pointy hair?

Behold my complete post (less .sig), and what I replied to:

     At 18:47 8/25/2001 -0500, Anonymous wrote:

      >I'm not too delighted with the "I have friends who want to kill
      >all Jews" type of remarks, but beggars can't be choosers.
      >
      >People carp about Tim, but I'd like to see anybody try to do one
      >Tim May quality post every day for two weeks.

     Including the "I have friends who want to kill all the Jews" type
     of remarks?  GIGO, yada.

     It's easy to stay on topic, or on a topic, it's another thing to be
     appropriate.  Tim is good, but easy improvement is within reach, as
     you sort of noted.

Perhaps it was Anonymous you should've referred to, instead of me.

Regardless,

Fuck Off.

Reeza!