News: "U.S. May Help Chinese Evade Net Censorship"

Phillip H. Zakas pzakas at toucancapital.com
Thu Aug 30 15:38:52 PDT 2001

> Faustine wrote:
> I wouldn't trust either of them with anything significant.

More importantly, the claims that safeweb/triangle boy actually works
may be misleading to the people who will rely on its claims of securely
circumventing government censorship in china.  The entire in/out bound
traffic for the system can be effectively blocked or monitored.  Plus
did it strike anyone as odd that the 'triangle boy' software, to be used
when access to safeweb.com is blocked, is downloaded from the
safeweb.com website?  I've not seen that software anywhere else and
frankly downloading/having that triangleboy software in itself is a dead
giveaway of suspicious activity isn't it?  I'm not as worried about US
citizens using the stuff in the usa, just concerned for chinese
dissidents using it in china.
phillip