News: "U.S. May Help Chinese Evade Net Censorship"

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Thu Aug 30 12:41:41 PDT 2001

"Faustine" <a3495 at cotse.com> wrote :
>Adam wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 10:02:54AM -0700, Tim May wrote:
>| Alas, the marketing of such "dissident-grade untraceability" is
>| difficult. Partly because anything that is dissident-grade is also
>| pedophile-grade, money launderer-grade, freedom fighter-grade,
>| terrorist-grade, etc.
>
>>I think a larger problem is that we don't know how to build it.
>
>And as long as you have companies like ZeroKnowledge who are
>willing/gullible/greedy/just plain fucking stupid enough to sell their
>betas to the NSA, you never will.
>
>~Faustine.

Holy faulty logic Batman! This has to be one of the more doofy things
I've heard. It's right up there with the EMI Grounding Strap thread.

What're you going to do, sell a product in CompUSA with instructions to
the cashiers that the NSA is not allowed to buy it? If the NSA is
willing to pay for some software that's great. They've got as much right
to buy it as anyone else. As long as they obey the law! and don't
reverse engineer it, let them share in financing further development.

I would find it more relevant to know which commercial product designs
have been influenced by which non-commercial agencies.

oy g'vay ( sp? )
Mike