The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Aug 30 10:03:01 PDT 2001

    --
Reese
> > You [Aimee Farr]are entirely too smug and happy, at the
> > thought of these various mechanisms useful for preserving
> > privacy and anonymity going the way of the dodo.

Aimee Farr
> That is not my attitude at all, Reese.

It is your attitude.  You keep telling us privacy is illegal.
Most highly profitable uses of privacy are illegal somewhere, but
they are never illegal everywhere.  If you had your way we would
all be obeying all US law, including those seldom or never
enforced, or only enforced against black people and political
subversives, all french laws, all Iranian laws, etc.

Concerning your example of the IRA -- I recollect that for a long
time the US government allowed IRA fundraising, and use of the US
banking system for transfers to the IRA.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     LnyQwbLjSabEa0Lh4Qp314B6OXVNHjgvV/V5Hg5j
     4ZtCxKVTkBd+heS8NdJoqew13kDVoqFasM3tTo/Qb