The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Aug 30 09:50:26 PDT 2001

    --
On 27 Aug 2001, at 21:40, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> "Freedom fighters in communist-controlled regimes."  How much
> money do they have?  More importantly, how much are they
> willing and able to spend on anonymity/privacy/black-market
> technologies?  These guys aren't rolling in dough.

Freedom fighters are generally funded by expatriates resident in
sympathetic foreign countries.   These expatriates need C3
equipment to ensure that their money is not being embezzled or
misused.  By and large they are not using it, and should be.

> "Jews hiding their assets in Swiss bank accounts."  Financial
> privacy is in fact potentially big business, but let's face it,
> most of the customers today are not Jews fearing confiscation
> by anti-semitic governments. That's not in the cards.  Most of
> the money will be tainted

I find this unlikely.  The powerful confiscate from the
vulnerable because they want the money, not because the
vulnerable are sinners deserving to have their money confiscated.

It is always loudly proclaimed that the money is tainted.  When
the Swiss banks were receiving the money from jews it was
supposedly tainted because it came from jews.  Later it was
supposedly tainted because it came from nazis.  Any money is
tainted when someone else wants it.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     N9AHhvoqlS9Irm/IDeEE6I1kYHYUm+CQGmeXPy82
     44sVXA0FdW2m4055Ed20ew+iE84uYRYERsDpl8PjJ