Borders UK and privacy

Ryan Arneson ryanarneson at home.com
Wed Aug 29 18:47:21 PDT 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 01:56:12PM -0700, mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:
> > Didn't John Young note that a large portion of the waste removed from
> > the London underground was human hair and skin flakes? Waste not want
> > not.
>
> Sounds like a bit of an urban legend.
>
> -Declan

Someone tell the Travel Channel in that case, they did a story on the
London underground, including the Underground (big U) and mentioned this
very thing. It was called "Underground London" and unfortunately, the last
day they list as an air date is 8/25.

Seems they even have a name for the people who have to clean the human
debris up...fluffers, if I recall correctly. Brings to mind another
occupation that I won't detail here.

-ryan