cypherpunks don't write code.

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Wed Aug 29 12:19:56 PDT 2001

Squawking on a mailing list is protected behavior, and
I figure you can probably do that all you want.  As
someone else here pointed out, "You have to do something
else" before they can arrest you.

But now that certain types of code have been criminalized,
writing code counts as "something else".  So the lesson
is, if you squawk on mailing lists, don't write code. If
you write code, don't squawk on mailing lists, especially
about the illegitimate uses to which criminals may put
your code.

So we each must come to our own decision; write code,
or continue to squawk?  Because cypherpunks, unless they
want to join the canarypunks, don't write code anymore.
My decision is made.

Goodbye.  This list wasn't a good coding resource anyway;
maybe I'll check out perrypunks or something.  Happy
squawking.

And in response to the inevitable "don't let the door
hit your ass on the way out", here's my response in
advance: Don't let them slam the jail doors on your
dicks, I hear that hurts like a sonofabitch.

			Bear