The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Tue Aug 28 20:01:49 PDT 2001

Nomen says:

> bin Laden and the IRA have plenty of money, but will many cypherpunks
agree with their politics?  It's hard to believe that anyone thinks that
if the IRA or bin Laden were to succeed in their goals, that they would
put in place a kindler and gentler state.

It remains a challenge to identify groups that are both (A) wealthy, (B)
in need of anonymity technologies, and (C) morally acceptable to support.
Freedom fighters don't fit all that well, in today's world.

   What total bullshit --
   And what's that previous bs about drug cartels being morally
unacceptable? Drug dealers are heros in today's world, we need to take
lessons from them. Look how they deal with judges and prosecutors down
in Columbia -- works for me! Seems like a real Good Thing@ in light of
Jim Bell, Brian West, etc.
   Why do you say Osama bin Laden is not our friend? The enemy of my
enemy is my friend, not so? Osama has no interest in taking over the
US, just in cutting off the head of the snake. Sounds like a great
idea. The IRA wants to kick the Brits out of Ireland, another good
idea, should have happened long ago. IRA are great patriots. So is
bin Laden, so am I.
   Maybe we could develop tools that the drug cartels would pay for,
or bin Laden, and that all mankind would benefit from. Maybe they
could pay for them by killing judges and prosecutors here for us.
Seems like a fair trade.