2:3 ain't bad

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Tue Aug 28 19:28:34 PDT 2001

At 03:21 PM 8/28/01 -0700, mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:
> > It remains a challenge to identify groups that are both (A) wealthy, (B)
> > in need of anonymity technologies, and (C) morally acceptable to support.
> > Freedom fighters don't fit all that well, in today's world.
> >
>Corporate Executives A, B, sort of C

The point is  that virtually anyone in an OECD country will qualify at some
time or another as to (A) and (B) and to *someone* as to (C).  They are
wealthy enough but they may not know they have a use for anonymity
technologies ( though many use SSL daily without even knowing it).  The
beauty of a networked world is that anyone no matter how bizarre can find
others who accept you and potentially know enough about these useful
technologies to share them with you.

Given the over-representation of libertarians in crypto, corporate execs
are the least in need of such "connected" friends.

DCF
-----
Anyone know where I can get a "Shit Happens" Cat Hat to wear to my plea
negotiations?