The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Aug 28 21:18:57 PDT 2001

On Tuesday, August 28, 2001, at 05:28 PM, Ray Dillinger wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Aimee Farr wrote:
>
>> It wasn't serious, Mike!
>
> Yes. It is serious.  It is, in fact, dead serious.  Starting with the
> "Sweet spot" discussion, and well into the pissing contest that you
> and Tim seem to have started over it,

Nonsense. I wrote a very long essay. Aimee twittered about her "prime
rib" SS contacts, muttered about going out to "talk to the snails," and
gibbered about how my mention of BlackNet could expose me to "suicide"
and was a generally scary idea.

> I've composed a dozen responses, considered the subpeona and the trial
> that could result from posting each, and wiped them.  There's your
> "chilling effect on political discussion" if you're interested. This
> one, I'm going to post, so I'm being very careful what I say.

You're being overly paranoid. I was stopped by the SS a few years ago
and accused of planting a bomb to kill the First Criminal, his
traitorous wife, and their (mostly innocent, insipidly so) daughter
Chelsea. When they couldn't make their charges stick, they had to let me
go.

(This is why I take bomb-making discussions pretty seriously.)

> For Tim:
> Why are you attempting to provoke public discussion about things
> that could get people jailed or worse for discussing them?  It's
> interesting to see you post your "sweet spot" message and then call
> someone *else* an agent provocateur.

Get an education. Do some reading. These ideas have been discussed many
times. Aimee's all atwitter over being exposed to ideas that were old
even in 1992, and you, the "sensitive male" (so I gather from you
airy-fairy, probably polyamoristic, twit site), are enabling her
fluttering by saying "Tim, you should not even mention such dangerous
ideas!"

Fuck that. Read what we were talking about 10 years ago. Not talking
about things doesn't make them disappear.

You're a disgrace to this list. At lease Aimee has the excuse of being a
confused chick.

--Tim May