The Privacy/Untraceability Sweet Spot

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Aug 28 20:44:44 PDT 2001

On Tuesday, August 28, 2001, at 02:37 PM, Duncan Frissell wrote:

>> It remains a challenge to identify groups that are both (A) wealthy,
>> (B)
>> in need of anonymity technologies, and (C) morally acceptable to
>> support.
>> Freedom fighters don't fit all that well, in today's world.
>
> Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hutus, Tutsis, Vietnamese, Chinese, Russians,
> Commodities traders, Branch Davidians, homosexuals, hetrosexuals....
>
> I could go on for pages but I'm telnetting.
>
> Some members of all of those groups have satisfied your somewhat
> arbitrary requirements at various times and in various places in the
> last
> 60 years.

I posted a list half a dozen years ago of "enemies of the people."
Quakers, Mormons, homosexuals, Protestants, Catholics, and on and
on...my CFP slide listed about a hundred.

Search engines may turn it up. I would do the search myself, except I'm
fed up with posting such information and not even having twits like
Aimee Farr even read the oldest and most basic documents. (Her recent
horrified reaction to very basic points is illustratative of her
ignorance.)

--Tim May