Jim Bell sentenced to 10 years in prison

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sat Aug 25 20:38:26 PDT 2001

Jim is appealing. He's off to the Supremes, as I wrote about in June, after
the 9th Circuit dissed him:
http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,44567,00.html

Don't recall who's handling it; I'd have to see if I can dig up those
papers (and I just had my office repainted, so it's a mess). Robert Leen
may be, which would make for an interesting situation, since he'd
presumably have to argue that he was an incompetent lawyer -- but I don't
remember.

-Declan