Comped scribblers the bane of conferences

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sat Aug 25 20:17:35 PDT 2001

Bill makes an excellent point. Journalists (especially at a place like
the PFF conference, where technical content is practically zero and
no news happens) are part of the attraction. Lobbyists and execs are
more likely to agree to grace the event with their presence if journalists
show up (CSPAN was there, as were probably 15 reporters). We're part
of the, um, attraction, I guess.

-Declan