Funny story about Napster and IP

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Aug 24 11:56:56 PDT 2001

I heard a funny story from someone on CNBC this morning (the singer in a
rock group called "Train").

He was answering a question about how Napster helps and hurts bands. He
said that bands just starting out really were helped a lot by Napster,
as people downloaded music. Then a band gets to a certain success level
and decides it doesn't like this downloading.

The funny story was about how someone was printing up and selling
"Napster" sweatshirts and t-shirts at concerts. Napster was Not Amused
and sued.

I guess the word "irony" really isn't in their dictionary.

--Tim May