Not black helicopters, but dark green ones ( Off Topic )

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Fri Aug 24 10:49:57 PDT 2001

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyKey=64513&category=C

What was she so afraid of? Aerial rape? I was just pissed off when the
shitheads would fly over as low as they could. I've seen A10's,
helicopters and fighters. They're really annoying when you're trying to
cast a fly and enjoy some serene isolation. They should test their shit
in Macedonia or Nevada. Next time I'll bring my particle beam weapon and
scorch their paint a bit.

There are three bases that I know of - Fort Drum, Griffiss Air Base and
Plattsburgh Air Base. Fort Drum is busy. The latter two have been shut
down but I think there is still some research going on at RADC/Griffiss
-

( http://www.beardsley.com/portfolio/military/romelab/rl.html ).

They may still fly some stuff out of there to test communications,
mapping systems and sensors. I think the runways are still maintained.

I've been on some fairly remote lakes up there. Go look for the West
Canada Lakes on a map. It's really beautiful and in spite of the acid
rain from the polluting midwest ( including Ontario ) there are some
excellent brookies around. In other areas you can find muskies, pike,
bass, raindows and landlocked salmon.

The acidified dead lakes are truly sorry looking.

This concludes the Adirondack solo backpacker report.

Mike