Arresting Henry Kissinger

Mac Norton mnorton at cavern.uark.edu
Tue Aug 21 20:00:22 PDT 2001

Well, "under our laws" may be a non sequitur here, as
I don't think any of the discussion, with one possible
exception, has involved any law of the US.  As to other
laws, most importantly the international body thereof,
there is a respectable--note I do not say persuasive,
as I don't have enough facts--that Kissinger as a
"subordinate" was carrying out the policy of the
state and, as such an actor, may be clothed with
sovereign immunity.

This is not an uncomplicated area of the law, and is
one that gets very deep very fast.  It's also one of
those areas where the law is about as far divorced from
common morality and decency as it ever gets.
MacN