lawyerpunks-in-training...? [OT?]

David E. Smith dave at technopagan.org
Sun Aug 19 22:56:24 PDT 2001

This is a fairly big list, and there aren't very many lawyerpunks on it.
(And they all seem to be tied up arguing with Choate. :-)

For a host of reasons only peripherally related to things like CJ, Jim
Bell, my own brief experience running a remailer, et cetera, I've begun to
seriously consider law school.

If nothing else, it's a great way to defer paying on those student loans
for another few years...

So, in vaguely-random order:

* How does one decide whether law school is what they want to do? In a
  broader sense, how do you decide whether you want to be a lawyer when
  you grow up? The lawyers on the list are definitely encouraged to respond.

* Is there really a need for technically-inclined lawyers? In my far-from-
  expert opinion, there seems to be a shortage of them... After I'm done,
  will I still be able to afford Ramen? (Bear in mind that I have no
  interest in becoming an ambulance-chaser. Not gonna go there.)

* How will my undergraduate studies come back to haunt me? (My overall GPA
  was good but not great, and my Bachelor's is in computer science,
  instead of a more traditional prelaw field.)

* Recommendations of lawyerpunk-friendly law schools?

thanks!
...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/    http://metadave.net/
http://www.bureau42.com/       http://whatIsay.com/

"Use anger to throw them into disarray." -- Sun Tzu