Anonymizing Nodes (RE: Bomb Law Reporter - special edition)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Aug 18 11:21:33 PDT 2001

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, An Metet wrote:

>     It's also rather interesting that Aimee is objecting to
> people "cowering behind remailers". On the cypherpunk list?
> On the contrary, we should all be using remailers. Someone
> seriously does need to start a node which only accepts posts
> from remailers.

What about a CDR node that strips all to:/from: info before sending it
out? A 'cypherpunks_anon at ...' w/ replyto: set to itself. Would that be an
acceptable approach?

It could be made closed so that only subscribers could use it (which
implies the info functions would be disabled), or open so that anyone
could use it.