Motives

georgemw at speakeasy.net georgemw at speakeasy.net
Sat Aug 18 12:47:53 PDT 2001

On 18 Aug 2001, at 6:44, Reese wrote:

> You would be well-advised to question motives, here.  What do I gain by
> pursuing an address on the legality of posting bomb recipes?

Normally I try to avoid such questions,  I find it
much more significant what people do than why
they do it, but this one for some
reason has me puzzled.  What the hell DO you have to gain?
Surely you can't just be hoping to get some cool new recipes that
way,  there are easier and better ways to do it.
As the amputee porn fan put it,  I'm stumped.

>What does
> she gain by quashing all such posts?  Why?

I'm easily bamboozled by anything allegedly female, but
the impression I get is that she's under the impression
more bomb recipies leads to more unwanted scrutiny from
LEOs.

Personally, I think such ideas are largely mistaken.  Nobody
ever taught any investigator even vaguely worthy of the name not to
look under rocks.

I did consider it pretty funny that the assertion that LEOs don't get
to hide behind remailers was made right before they announced
a patent on their clone of Freedom,  but then again,  I see humor
everywhere.

George