Bomb Law Reporter - special edition

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sat Aug 18 07:25:31 PDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 12:52:09PM -1000, Reese wrote, quoting Aimee:
>  >Agents don't get to use remailers and cower behind them.
>
> Cypherpunks don't get the power and sovereign immunity of the reigning
> governmental infrastructure to cower behind.
>
> Show me a proof that no Agent has ever used a remailer, that no Agent
> shall ever use a remailer.

Of course government agents can and probably will use remailers.
Heck, they can pose as journalists, priests, etc. complete with fake
ID and cover stories and commit felonies. Using mixmaster is nothing
by comparison. The government has created the Onion Routing project
expressly to protect the identity of government workers, including
agents.

Aimee was having fun with you, and I can't exactly blame her.

-Declan