Bomb Law Reporter - special edition

Aimee Farr aimee.farr at pobox.com
Sat Aug 18 07:59:56 PDT 2001

Reese: (incited)

>  >> Are court records public documents, or not?  Why wasn't that info
>  >> sealed if there was a problem with releasing it?
>  >
>  >There probably wasn't...agents go on the record.

> Why then, the subterfuge regarding the identities and case citation?
> Why not be straightforward about it to begin with?

I was brought up not to gossip. *batty eyelashes*

I was also taught not to turn over rocks.

>  >Agents don't get to use remailers and cower behind them.
>
> Cypherpunks don't get the power and sovereign immunity of the reigning
> governmental infrastructure to cower behind.

Good point, I was just gigging you, Reese. Lighten up. :)

> Show me a proof that no Agent has ever used a remailer, that no Agent
> shall ever use a remailer.

Show me proof that you don't have a brain, and that you shall never use it.
That might keep you out of trouble.

>  >Do you think you need probable cause for investigation?
>
> I think that probable cause is needed for a valid investigation and
> where evidence is collected, for that evidence to properly be called
> valid in a court of law.  In court, it is immensely helpful if the
> defense attorney has at least a half-a-clue and is on the ball,
> volumes could be said about judges who are interested in strict
> construction of all the applicable rules and regulations.  See the
> ongoing tribulations and trials of Jim Bell and CJ Parker for some
> infuriating examples of defense attorneys and judges who do not meet
> these ideals in the most exemplary fashion.

I wouldn't know about that.

> I think that in more than a sufficient number of cases, people will do
> what they want, regardless of the letter of the law.  I think that some
> people are in better positions to get away with this than others.

I wouldn't know about that.

> I think that those who make their living in law enforcement and/or
> jurisprudence are people, but I may be wrong - some or all of them may
> be sub-human.  Such as that isn't mine to decide, nor is it mine to
> announce and/or act on - but I can watch and remember.  ;)

Why then, the subterfuge regarding the identities? Why not be
straightforward about it to begin with?

~Aimee
*reptilian slithering sounds*