Physicspunks

georgemw at speakeasy.net georgemw at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 17 14:19:47 PDT 2001

On 17 Aug 2001, at 16:17, An Metet wrote:

> But, in the case described the two bodies start out at the same
> temperature.  One radiates more energy towards the other one at that
> particular temperature.  So, you would expect that one body would
> become hotter than the other.

The important fact that you seem to be unaware of
is that the body that radiates faster also
absorbs more (reflects less).  A black plate will
radiate faster than a white one,  but the white plate
is reflecting almost all the light that hits.
Cavity radiation and blackbody radiation are used synonymously.

George