Bomb Law Reporter - special edition

Reese reeza at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 15:52:09 PDT 2001

At 06:35 AM 8/17/01, Aimee Farr wrote:
 >Reese:

 >> Are court records public documents, or not?  Why wasn't that info
 >> sealed if there was a problem with releasing it?
 >
 >There probably wasn't...agents go on the record.

Why then, the subterfuge regarding the identities and case citation?
Why not be straightforward about it to begin with?

 >Agents don't get to use remailers and cower behind them.

Cypherpunks don't get the power and sovereign immunity of the reigning
governmental infrastructure to cower behind.

Show me a proof that no Agent has ever used a remailer, that no Agent
shall ever use a remailer.

 >Do you think you need probable cause for investigation?

I think that probable cause is needed for a valid investigation and
where evidence is collected, for that evidence to properly be called
valid in a court of law.  In court, it is immensely helpful if the
defense attorney has at least a half-a-clue and is on the ball,
volumes could be said about judges who are interested in strict
construction of all the applicable rules and regulations.  See the
ongoing tribulations and trials of Jim Bell and CJ Parker for some
infuriating examples of defense attorneys and judges who do not meet
these ideals in the most exemplary fashion.

I think that in more than a sufficient number of cases, people will do
what they want, regardless of the letter of the law.  I think that some
people are in better positions to get away with this than others.

I think that those who make their living in law enforcement and/or
jurisprudence are people, but I may be wrong - some or all of them may
be sub-human.  Such as that isn't mine to decide, nor is it mine to
announce and/or act on - but I can watch and remember.  ;)

Reese