WHERE'S DILDO? [was: NRC asks for reviewers for forthcoming Internet porn report] (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Wed Aug 15 21:46:16 PDT 2001

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> Oh it is?  Well in that case, to be consistent, you'll have to tell us why
> the first amendment doesn't apply.

It does apply.

> Taking a picture is NOT free speech;

Making the picture is speech because it represents an expression.

> showing/publishing the picture is.  What a moron.

No, this is sharing, that takes copies, that takes 'press'.

> > Your (ie CACL) claim is that the picture is
> > not itself a crime, and in particular it is
> > protected as speech.
>
> Don't put words in my mouth, fat boy.

I'm not, simply paraphrasing your C-A-C-L commentary from past discussion.
And the best you can do is 'fat boy'? I'm surprised you made it to 50th
percentile.

> What you have stated seems to be more your position.

Not at all. My position is that pedophilia, and paraphanalia related to it
is wrong and not protected speech or press. That the material involves a
non-consenting participant and that their self-defence trumps any
individual 'speech' rights you might claim.

            natsugusa ya...tsuwamonodomo ga...yume no ato
            summer grass...those mighty warriors'...dream-tracks

                                            Matsuo Basho

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com