NRC asks for reviewers for forthcoming Internet porn report

James B. DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Wed Aug 15 09:22:49 PDT 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Tim May wrote:

> Which is what the NRC did with the crypto issue. They sensed which way
> the wind was blowing (anti-Clipper, by 80% plus if I remember the
> opinion polls correctly) and came out with a report which massaged the
> inputs in such a way as to come out against key escrow.
>
> If the opinion polls, weighted appropriately by inputs from media
> conglomerates, conclude that regulation of access to speech is
> advisable, then the NRC will issue a suitably-weighty report outlining
> the issues and presenting Congress with options for regulating speech
> and access to speech.

Or by inputs from majority stockholders of filtering companies. Oh wait,
you said that.

jbdigriz

p.s. Since there are one or two attractive women out there I know who
might concievably chance upon my remarks yesterday, I want to hasten to
assure everyone that they were pure hyperbole, to make an, um, abstract
philosophical point. Yeah, that's it. I'd never dream of actually looking
at that gross, disgusting stuff. Why, it's demeaning to women. Those
hussies have nothing on a real woman, anyway.

:-)