NRC asks for reviewers for forthcoming Internet porn report

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Aug 14 13:53:58 PDT 2001

On Tuesday, August 14, 2001, at 01:22 PM, James B. DiGriz wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, James B. DiGriz wrote:
>

>> And so I've said my say,
>> jbdigriz
>>

> Uh, ya'll don't all respond at once now.
>
> Seriously, I know I'm not a regular poster, but don't leave me twisting
> in
> the wind here. I haven't heard this kind of deafening silence since the
> time I told my lawyer the church job was a frame up and who did the
> framing. He didn't believe me, but he found out I was right. (I think
> his
> point then was "yeah, so?", but he got us off without a trial. Damn
> sharp
> attorney, that one.)

First, people are less likely to respond to whimsical nyms, even a
stainless steel rat.

Second, you comment on Declan's forwarding of a forwarding of a Herb Lin
call for reviewers for some study his group is doing. Ho hum.

Third, the issue of online porn, the CDA, the Amateur Action case, etc.
have been discussed many times here.

Fourth, Cypherpunks are probably more interested in making sure Big Bro
can't block porn, via technical means, than in advising Herb Lin on yet
another study.

Fifth, you expressed your view of Herb's study. Absent some point, what
is there is to discuss?

Sixth, you're always welcome to post more. Some things generate
interest, some don't. Don't sweat the posts that don't. I don't.

--Tim May