Cell Phone Gun

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Aug 12 21:05:56 PDT 2001

Anonymous forwarded a video (with sound) of a cell phone gun,
showing it being assembled and fired four times:

  http://cryptome.org/handy-gun.htm

This device was described here some time ago, I believe,
and while the forwarded post appeared to come from a
USAF officer on Milnet, I wonder if the gun is authentic.
Other stories on this?

The AF officer warns that while the weapon has not yet appeared
in the US, it is being found now and then in Europe, especially
Germany. And US Customs is checking cellphones of arriving
passengers, so do not hestitate to hand yours over if asked or
you might get shot.

With the millions of cellphones in Europe it is a wonder
that a jumpy cop has not yet shot a kid for failing to give up
an inseparable handy.