Traceable Infrastructure is as vulnerable as traceable

Faustine a3495 at cotse.com
Sat Aug 11 14:55:45 PDT 2001

Jim wrote:
> On 10 Aug 2001, at 20:25, Faustine wrote:
>> If you or anyone else here believes that no one at Ft. Meade
>> could possibly teach you anything, fine.
>
> There are lots of people at Ft Meade who could teach me stuff,
> but, in accord with Parkinson's law, they will be at the bottom
> of the heap, where they are no longer a danger to anyone.

Hardly! And what about all the first-rate people who were "outsourced" in
the 90s, along with the boatloads of project work that got contracted out
to the DoD federally funded R&D centers like MITRE and the CNA Corporation?
What about In-Q-Tel and the feelers being put out toward public-private
partnerships? The very fact that they're trying to adapt to the times
indicates that if the quality of research isn't keeping up with
developments in the private sector, they certainly have no intention of
letting it stay that way for long.

It's a grave mistake, I'm telling you: plenty of people would like nothing
more than for someone like you to kick back because you think you don't
have anything to worry about.

~Faustine.