Microsoft Viruses

An Metet anmetet at freedom.gmsociety.org
Sat Aug 11 13:25:18 PDT 2001

James Donald wrote:
> Microsoft, as a whole, is incompetent at security.  All supposedly
> secure software coming out of Microsoft varies from poor to
> worthless.  Does anyone doubt it?  They take standard well known
> methods and make well known bungles in applying it and customizing
> it.

It's hard to believe even Microsoft could be this incompetent.  E-mail
viruses had been a running joke for years before Microsoft seized the
day and made them possible.

Now we are seeing calls for what amounts to internet driving licenses
and other repressive schemes.

Like the bomb plans and pornography hysteria, this is an attack on the
Net.  The simpletons now think viruses are just something that
happens, like somebody getting a cold.  The media methodically
deceives the public by hunting for scapegoats and propagating Big
Lies.

Honest media coverage would report on "Microsoft Viruses" and caution
people against the use of Microsoft products.  They should get at
least the same treatment a tire company gets when its products are
defective.

Typically, when the U.S. media exhibits this behavior it is because
the issue has political significance.  (And let us not forget the Net
is seen as a dangerous competitor.)

We should treat this is an organized witch hunt or red scare.

> Microsoft produces crap security because most of their customers do
> not know any better.

Poor lambs.