[linux-elitists] drew is so fuckin' l33t! (fwd)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Aug 10 13:54:22 PDT 2001

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>
ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 18:58:38 +0000
From: M. Drew Streib <dtype at dtype.org>
To: Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>, linux-elitists at zgp.org
Subject: Re: [linux-elitists] drew is so fuckin' l33t!

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 10:02:04AM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> 1. Make contact with one of the isolated tribes of GPG users who are
> not part of the strong set.  All those people will then be connected,
> but far away from everyone except you, bwah ha ha.

Also, make contact with people far away from you _in_ the strong set,
thus making a "bridge" between widely separated parts of set. This requires
more people to "travel" over you for short paths. bwah ha ha.

> 2. Teach a class on GPG and get all your students to sign your key.

Vis a vis Peter Wan, #1 on the list, and a professor at GA Tech. Great
spreader of the faith, this man...

4. Sell your house, clothes, and other belongings and become a prophet
of cryptography. Normally, you would be faceless and noone would know
who you _really_ were. But in this case, you'll have your GPG identity,
which is better than any flesh-and-blood ID anyway.

> Hey, wait a minute -- the ways to get more Drew juice are also
> the ways to expand the usefulness of the web of trust and get more
> people started using crypto.  Way to use elitism for good.

"Drew juice". :) One of my friends is very into PS2 Gauntlet recently,
and suggests I begin assigning levels.

"Don Marti, you are now a level 27 keywhore."

But yes, I'm doing my best to only encourage _good_ behavior from this
ranking, which is why the main report is structured as it is.

> (I've already written a puff piece on Drew for LJ.)

Heh, is this the wonderful email garden writeup, or am I to be expecting
something different? You're quite the writer, my friend.

BTW, I still have your server sitting in my bar. Maybe burnallmp3s.org
becomes an Ogg Vorbis shrine.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype at dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/